Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Post Pics of Your New MCM Dollies Here!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let me live vicariously. For those of us who didn't get to go to the MCM sale. I know there is a thread where everyone describes what they got, but [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] there are very few pictures [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

    A related question: Do they allow cameras in the MCM warehouse? Did anyone take pictures there? If not, will you take pics of your "loot" and post them here [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] please?

    Thanks! Can't wait to see all those goodies.

    Oh! And a question: Do the dolls from MCM have any flaws (other than the x)? I mean, I've heard some say they have gotten dolls that don't stand on their own, etc. Doesn't AG fix them before shippign them to MCM? Just curious.

    PICTURES! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't go to this, but boy would I love to go next year! So many great deals! I'd love to go just once! I had a hard enough time holding back the one time I went to the outlet store(and they don't even have dolls there)! Do the dolls come in AG boxes? I can see the clothes not in boxes but on doll hangers, but I would hope that the dolls come in boxes so they aren't played with until they come home with me(even a return put back in a box would be nice).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mary Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG doesn't fix anything. MCM has a crew of hundreds of volunteers who restore the dolls, furniture etc.

    The dolls come in box bottoms (no lids). You can take them out... check the eyes... stand them up etc. There are normally many to choose from.

    Each year I attend the sale though, I always see something that tells me AG should change their return policy. People are abusing it like mad. There were Bitty Baby crib parts totally covered in pink marker this year. I am sorry... but if your child scribbles over an item... that's not AG's fault or responsibility... and to return that.. or a dress covered in food spots is just wrong.

  4. #4
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Mary Kate:
    Each year I attend the sale though, I always see something that tells me AG should change their return policy. People are abusing it like mad. There were Bitty Baby crib parts totally covered in pink marker this year. I am sorry... but if your child scribbles over an item... that's not AG's fault or responsibility... and to return that.. or a dress covered in food spots is just wrong.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had no idea that AG would accept returns on items that have been damaged or marred by the previous owner. What ever happened to "You break it, you buy it"? I don't think i would ever try returning an item that I ruined. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Also, I am hoping to see some pics of MCM dolls! I'm so curious to see which dollies got snapped up. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    I am taking the kiddies to Six Flags Great America today so I gotta run. Tommorow I will post pics. I have been to the sale 2 years and have 4 dolls from there. I have never been disappointed.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://homepage.mac.com/civicsista/A...toAlbum35.html

    That is my pictures from the sale this year and years past.

  7. #7
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for actual pictures of MCM sales. Looks like you need a lot of stamina to get through a sale! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    When I see all the treasures being loaded in vehicles, it seems all worth the work. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

  8. #8
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Scribbled marker? Wow. I guess I really can't believe someone would return that and claim it's defective. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] The way people think never ceases to amaze me.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's Brooke Penelope:
    <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">DSCN9055</


    DSCN9056
    Marisol's arm is in the way ^.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •